Dance school appeals for new members after SO Fest success
AN URBAN dance school, run by volunteers to help those who can’t afford expensive tuition, has appealed for new members to join its rapidly expanding troupe.
Top Limitz Dance School on Drummond Road, Skegness, was set up by professionally qualified Luke Hollingswood last September and has already seen its membership soar to 40 keen members.
Luke and his fellow instructor Jaycee Fraser run the studio as a not-for-profit venture to develop their young students’ self confidence at a more affordable cost than some commercial operations.
Jaycee said: “We decided to do this so that children who can’t afford the elitist dance schools can still benefit from dance - all the money we take is reinvested in helping the community.
“We like to encourage our students to motivate themselves and build their self confidence so that they can become stronger performers.”
Several students, spurred on by their motivational instructors, have already formed a ‘crew’ which has won Lincolnshire’s Got Talent and performed at high profile events such as the SO Festival.
Jaycee said: “It went fantastic - all the kids really enjoyed it and gave it their best.”
Luke is a fully qualified instructor in all varieties of dance whose talents took him to the semi-finals of the BBC’s Move Like Michael Jackson contest.
Jaycee is also a qualified instructor with a degree in sports science who has performed ballet and gymnastics at a competitive level. Together they teach urban, hip-hop, contemporary ballet and lyrical jazz to students aged four and up incorporating classes for all levels of ability, through to their advanced dance crew practice sessions.
Classes start at £1 and run six days a week from their Drummond Road studio opposite Sweeney Todd’s Barbershop. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call Jaycee on 07742 138130 or visit www.tlimitz.webeden.co.uk for details.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
- Teachers’ union accuses Skegness Grammar School of financial mismanagement
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 20 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North east