Author to visit area for book signing event
Children can listen to the tales of two adventurous cats, who got up to lots of mischief in sunny Cyprus, during a series of local book signing events.
Sutton On Sea author Chrissy Bradbury will talk of the pals kitty escapades in her first novel, Deno’s Diary which captures the warmth of the Mediterranean island in both a factual and imaginary sense.
Learn how Deno, the traditional ginger tom cat, meets his partner in crime and fellow explorer Aspro, a female black and white cat, who both now live a life of luxury with owner Marjorie, in a white wash bungalow in the picturesque village of Episkopi.
Talented writer and former teacher, Chrissy says it is both an ‘amusing yet emotional tale’ in the form of a diary which children and their families will enjoy reading.
“Each of the nine chapters includes a new adventure as the pair get up to lots of mischief and meet new friends along the way,” said Chrissy.
After having lived and worked in Cyprus teaching both English and Greek, Chrissy is now enjoying retirement in Sutton On Sea and feels reading and visiting libraries is very important for children.
“Now I’m retired, I’m enjoying writing as a hobby and I feel children can get so much from reading,” she added.
Chrissy will visit Sutton On Sea Library on Saturday, January 26, from 10am to noon, Mablethorpe Library on Saturday, February 2, from 10am to noon and will stop off at Alford Library on Saturday, February 9, from 10am to noon.
School visits will also take place in the coming weeks.
The book costs £5.99 and is available to purchase on those days or from Lammiman’s Newsagents, High Street, Sutton On Sea. Postal requests can be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Artists sought for exchange
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west