Village News: Hundleby
FPS - On a lovely September morning Hundleby walkers met at Freiston Shore for an eight mile ramble. Going east along the old sea bank the walk led to a carpark from where the group headed towards the newer bank on the edge of the marsh.
Easy walking on here meant a good pace was achieved passing one pumping station where two members took a short cut, and continuing on to reach another.
The route headed inland towards Leverton Outgate and returned to Freiston via a tree-lined track which gave welcome shade on such a hot day. Leaders in an area new to some members were Alec Mapplethorpe and John Wildman.
Twenty four members met for supper at the Hundleby Inn after the last short evening amble round the Franklin Way. This was the last evening walk of the year.
The sausage, mash and vegetables plus apple crumble were eagerly demolished. Members were asked to sign up to lead walks in 2013. If you were not there and are willing to lead a walk please contact Gill C. or Jayne.
WI - The meeting on Monday September 10 was the Harvest Supper for which members had brought an appetizing selection as their contributions. A quiz team was chosen to go to represent Hundleby at Burgh on September 28 and also a Scrabble team for October 5th.
The outing to Newstead is on September 20. The coffee morning made over £400 and money is still coming in. The programme secretaries would welcome ideas for next year’s programme.
The October meeting is ‘bring a friend’ night. The talk is a Trip from London to Mongolia.
Members were well pleased with an evening of food and chat. The president thanked every one for their help with the evenings proceedings.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
- Teachers’ union accuses Skegness Grammar School of financial mismanagement
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 20 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North east