Village News: Croft
WI - Presidents Anne and Trisha welcomed 15 members and five guests to our December meeting.
There was no speaker this month, as it was Christmas party time.
We had music by John Hollins from Croft, who plays the keyboard and many other instruments. Half way through the evening, a faith supper was had, provided by the ladies of Croft WI. We ended the evening with John playing music from shows, with a few of the ladies singing along with him. An enjoyable evening was had by all.
Two birthday gifts were given out and the December competition results revealed.
Results - Christmas decoration -1, Trisha Nation; 2, Chris Padley.
Flower of the Month -1, Barbara Ranyard; 2, Linda Fisher; 3, Chris Padley.
Croft Marsh WI meets the second Thursday in the month.
The special guest speaker for January, is Norman Baker, who will be speaking about the Fire Brigade, everybody welcome.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Artists sought for exchange
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west