Village News: Burgh le Marsh
COFFEE - A coffee morning will be held in the parish church of St Peter and Paul next Wednesday, August 15 from 10am to 11.30am.
FOOTPATHS - The Town Council is inviting written expressions of interest in taking on the role of footpaths officer.
The voluntary post includes at minimum monitoring the six designated public footpaths that run through Burgh and reporting to Council at least quarterly on their condition and any required action or proposals. Forward your reply, including telephone number, to firstname.lastname@example.org or Council Chamber Market Place, Burgh le Marsh, PE24 5JW
FUNK BUS - The Town Council have approved ELDC’s proposed extension of the Funk Bus visiting rota to include every Thursday in August. The Funk Bus will visit Tinkers Green on August 9, 16, 23 and 30 from 1pm to 3pm and is open free of charge to young people aged 11 to 19 years old.
The bus features Playstation, Wii, Xbox, outdoor sports equipment and other attractions.
The Town Council and ELDC are hopeful that Burgh’s young people will continue to access the bus as frequently in the summer as during term time.
MONKSTHORPE SERVICE - This historic chapel will open its door for a special summer service to be held on Saturday, August 11 at 3pm.
All are welcome to come along and worship.
OLYMPICS - Burgh Baptist church staged their own Olympic fun day in the grounds of the church recently where there were traditional and Wii sports and games as well as the stocks. Refreshments included a pork roast.
PHOTOGRAPHY GROUP - Shutterbugs of all abilities come together for fun yet helpful instruction on improving their snaps, and to share their work.
The next meeting will be on Friday, August 10 at 7pm at Burgh Baptist Church and is open to all.
TEA - An afternoon tea, hosted by Pat and Michael Capes, raised four hundred and thirty pounds for the parish church of St Peter and Paul.
The sun shone for the event held in the garden which included a raffle and vegetable and home made jam stalls.
Thanks are expressed to all for their help and support.
PUB - The Town Council has called a public meeting to hear residents views on proposals for change of use for The White Swan Pub and related holiday cottages to provide residential accommodation under application S/023/01230/12.
The White Swan, one of six public houses within the town, ceased to operate as a going concern several months ago but is still valued as one of a limited number of High Street commercial premises in a settlement that continues to see residential growth.
The public meeting will take place at 6.30 pm in the Wesley Room, Burgh Methodist Church, Jackson’s Lane and will be followed by a formal meeting of the Council’s Planning Committee at 7pm to consider this and other applications.
The applications and plans will be available to view before the meeting from 6pm or by arrangement with a local councillor due to the Clerk being on holiday.
Those unable to attend the meeting can make comment in writing to the Council at Council Chamber, Market Place, Burgh le Marsh, PE24 5JW or email@example.com.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
- Teachers’ union accuses Skegness Grammar School of financial mismanagement
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 20 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North east