Village News: Burgh le Marsh
ALLOTMENTS - The town council is still inviting written expressions of interest in working (or providing land for use as) allotments.
For more information or to express your interest in an allotment, contact the town clerk at email@example.com or by post to Council Chamber, Market Place, Burgh le Marsh, PE24 5JW
CAR - A car boot sale in aid of the Burgh and District Sports Association is held on the Marsh Lane Sports field every Thursday morning.
LIBRARY CHANGES - The Mobile Library stop at Dobson’s Court has ceased operation as of June 30.
The stop was discontinued following consultation and review exercises by Lincolnshire County Council over the past year, which highlighted low uptake of the service by residents, with an average of fewer than three customers per 30 minute period being the benchmark for discontinuation.
At present, the static library in the Community Complex on High Street will continue to operate its Monday, Thursday and Saturday schedules, and the town council will continue to augment this with the Tuesday opening hours during council surgeries on the last Friday of the month.
Additional library opening hours can be secured through community groups using the library for events with the understanding that users can come in during that time to check out or return books or use the computers.
If you are interested in using Burgh Library as a venue for your activities or event, and to facilitate additional operating hours, then contact the town clerk on 01754 811218, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Council Chamber, Market Place, Burgh le Marsh, PE24 5JW.
OPEN AIR SONGS - Burgh Methodist Church will be holding its annual Open Air Songs of Praise in the pretty gardens at Orby House, Burgh Road, Orby on Sunday, July 15 at 6pm.
All are welcome to join in this informal act of worship where you can sit and sing favourite hymns.
If wet, the event will take place inside Orby House.
Tea and biscuits will be served after the service.
Proceeds for the PHAKAMISA Project (Pinetown, South Africa)
WINDMILL - The windmill, the tea room and the Heritage Centre are open every Sunday afternoon.
Volunteers are always needed to join the team so if you feel like learning to operate the windmill, show visitors around the Heritage Centre or help in the tea room then pop along to the windmill on Sunday afternoons to meet the volunteers and find out how to become involved.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Artists sought for exchange
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west