Village News: Burgh le Marsh
BEACON - A large crown turned out to see the Beacon lit on Cock Hill and to join together to sing the National Anthem.
CONCERT - The Choir Academy and April’s Academy will present a concert in the parish church of St Peter and Paul on Friday, June 15 at 7pm.
Tickets are £6, including refreshments, are available from Pat Capes, Debbie Boulton or Snapdragons florists.
DINNER - A jubilee dinner and dance in the Village Hall on Bank Holiday Monday was a resounding success, organised by Joan Sanderson and Pat Capes with music by Crackle and Pop,
The room was decorated with flags and buntings and many of those attending were appropriately dressed in red, white and blue.
The loyal toast was given by John Panton BEM. Thanks were expressed to all by Michael Capes.
FAIR - The sum of £1,384 was raised at the summer fair, organised by the parish church of St Peter and Paul.
Thanks are expressed to all for their help and support.
TEA - Burgh WI hosted a jubilee tea party in the WI Hall, which was festooned with flags, bunting and balloons.
All of the tables were decorated in red, white and blue.
There was also a wonderful array of sandwiches and cakes.
Entertainment was provided by Tara Stafford-Allen, who appropriately dressed in 1940s attire sang a selection of well known songs from that era. Later singing from the 50s, 60s and 70s.
MEDALS - Burgh Primary School pupils have received commemorative jubilee medals from the Burgh Town Council.
SERVICE - A united jubilee service was held in the parish church of St Peter and Paul on the Sunday evening.
Father Terry welcomed everyone, including the Mayor and Mayoress Coun Alan and Mrs Joan Middleton, and the head teacher and Burgh Primary School choir who sang a special jubilee song.
The church choir sang an anthem and the congregation joined in singing several hymns appropriate to the occasion.
The prayers were led by Pastor Colin Bowden from the Baptist church. The service concluded with the National Anthem after which refreshments were served.
WINDMILL - It was all happening at Burgh windmill last Tuesday afternoon as jubilee celebrations got underway.
There was face painting and drawing competitions for the children, and the stocks for some daring adults, as well as craft and charity stalls, a bumper raffle, and refreshments with a barbecue and bacon baps.
The windmill tea room was also kept busy throughout the afternoon and there was opportunity to see inside the five sailed windmill as well as visiting the History Group Heritage display.
A highlight of the afternoon was seeing the Red Arrows fly over on their way to London.
Amongst the large crowd attending were the Mayor and Mayoress Coun Alan and Mrs Joan Middleton.
MEN’S NIGHT - The Men’s Contact Group at Burgh Baptist Church will be rolling out to the The Elms at Wainfleet for a night of green bowling on Friday, June 15 at 6.30pm.
Equipment can be hired at minimal cost and the games will be followed by a meal. All men are welcome. To confirm attendance contact Colin on 01754 811260.
MONKSTHORPE SERVICE - This historic chapel will open its door for a special service to be held on Saturday, June 16 at 3pm.
All are welcome to come along and worship.
- UPDATED: Suspected ‘armed robbery’ with ‘gun’ sparks police ‘firearms response’ at The Money Shop in Skegness
- UPDATE: Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with attempted ‘armed robbery’ in Skegness, man searched in Lidl is NOT connected to the crime police confirm
- UPDATE: Business owner heard someone thought to be ‘robbing’ the Money Shop in Skegness
- Man caught staring at female dog walker while he performed ‘indecent act’ in Skegness
- Man arrested and interviewed in connection with attempted robbery in Skegness
- NHS urges norovirus sufferers to stay away from Skegness Hospital
- ‘Kitchen knife’ found in Butlins bar after alleged ‘attack’
- Skegness Scooter Rally leaves town buzzing
- Nottinghamshire sexsomniac cleared of raping 21-year-old at Butlin’s, Ingoldmells, in one of the first cases of its kind
- Teachers’ union accuses Skegness Grammar School of financial mismanagement
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Skegness
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 20 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North east